Many ways to fix Touchpad not working on Windows 10, Technical Support For Windows 10 Technical Problems CALL US TODAY (800) 998-3143
The touchpad is an essential device for a Laptop. It can make numerous things simple and supplant a mouse. So if you’re facing Windows 10 problem with Touchpad, must checkout the way to fix it. Touchpad not working after Windows 10 Creators Update clearly transforms into a hot worry as a standout amongst the most well-known Windows 10 Creators Update issues. Why the touchpad Function is not working after the update of windows.
Restart your Laptop:
Many of the Windows issues basically evaporate after a reboot. Restart your Windows 10 Laptop and after that check, if the touchpad is working. What’s more, in case you’re thinking about how to restart a laptop with a dead touchpad.
Now here you have to follow the procedure,
Click ALT+F4 to open the shutdown windows dialog box, now click on down arrow and select restart option from there.
Modify Touchpad Settings:
If the touchpad of your Laptop is dead than now use an external mouse for Settings the touchpad.
Follow these Step-
- Go to Start Button>Settings>Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional Mouse Options.
- Next Mouse Properties window will open, Go to tab and find the name of laptop’s touchpad If you don’t see that tab.
- Go to Device Settings or ELAN there you can find your touchpad listed Under Devices section.
- After finding your laptop touchpad, select it and click on Enable.
Update your Touchpad Driver:
If the device is not working properly, most of the time it’s because of Outdated drivers or faulty. The Solution is quite easy.
- Press the window key and X together or you can Press Window Key and R and type msc, It will redirect you to the Device Manager.
- Click on Mice and other pointing devices than click double on touchpad device driver which is listed there.
- Now, Click to Driver tab and then click on Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically For Updated Driver.
- Drivers need to be updated manually
If none of the Solution above mentioned resolved your problem then you must try window’s 10 troubleshoot tool. You can use this tool to resolve all kind of hardware issues.
- Click on Settings
- Next Click on update and Security> Troubleshoot
- Click on Hardware and Devices and then click run
- This troubleshooting process will take some time, till then wait and after the completion of this process. Restart your Laptop.
Technical Support For Windows 10 Technical Problems Contacts Our Expert.